Thursday, September 14, 2006

The 70+ Club

Because I was thinking about it I just took an on-line typing test. After you factor in my errors (I typed with 98% accuracy) I type at a speed of 72 words per minute.

I say anyone who types over 70 words per minute gets to shop for Christmas cards during working hours.

It's worth noting that in a normal office environment I wouldn't have this problem. I would eat lunch quickly and consider stationery in the left-over time. But this doesn't work because our lunch "hour" is the amount of time it takes us to eat. So even if I eat quickly there is no extra time for me to run web errands. And staying late doesn't work either because we carpool the few miles back to the barracks in government vehicles. If I stay I get left without a ride home and I miss supper because the galley closes shortly after we get off work.

Typing more than 70 words per minute should definitely get you something.

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

You should definitely shop during working hours. In fact, as a taxpayer, I give you my permission.

We had a lady here at I work whose job was answering phones and she would go outside and smoke! So, can you guess who got to answer them in her numerous absences?

You got it, the only other person in the building with a uterus. It also works as a tracking device for lost keys and combs.

13:19  
Blogger Jessica said...

Heather: I understand completely. I want for nothing (well, not really, but you get the idea). I'm so excited for your wedding. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Becky, since I have your permission, well... can do!

17:58  
Blogger Beatriz said...

That's fast enough to justify online shopping...and a smoke-free lifestyle means more shopping and blogging time. luv ya!

16:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home