Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A Little In Love

I think I’ve fallen a little in love with the girl who sits in front of me in my Squad Leader class. She’s everything I want in a battalion friend: composed, intelligent and competent. She doesn’t have a need to command attention but when the spotlight falls on her she performs with aplomb. She has a very pretty face, tanned skin, and medium brown hair with golden highlights that is pulled back into the most perfect bun. I want to know her. Not in the Biblical sense or anything but I’d like to try a conversation or two. I first noticed her last week in BCSII where she sat a few rows foreword of me. Now she sits directly in front of me. We spoke a little yesterday but she was turned awkwardly and I couldn’t read the nametape on her blouse. Maybe I’ll casually mention knitting. Maybe she knits and I can invite her to the Thursday group. Or maybe I’ll just wait and get to know her a little better next week over hand grenades and claymore mines at the squad leaders’ FEX.

Happy Valentine’s Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home