Friday, February 10, 2006

100 Cigarettes

It has nothing to do with the military, with the exception of emergency leave, but I found out last night that my dad is probably dieing of inoperable lung cancer that has spread to his brain. He’s always smoked like a chimney, lead a sedentary lifestyle, and eaten like a twelve-year-old (very picky, almost no produce, lots of Hershey’s chocolate). Everyone in my family that I’ve spoken to is overwhelmed by how angry they are with him. It’s an event that is forcing them to come to terms with a lifetime of being let down and disappointed by my dad. All I can think about is how he’s always said that he wants his funeral to be a big party where everyone laughs and has a good time. It looks like he might get his wish.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessica,

I am so sorry to hear about your father. I sent you an email earlier and I wish I had read your blog first. My email seems very immature and with all that small chat crap that no one likes. I am sorry. I wish it was a little more deep than what I wrote. Again I am sorry to hear about your Dad and I am headed out to Las Vegas next weekend if you need a good crazy weekend let me know you are welcome to stay with me. I miss you. Also I read all your other blogs and I think you should be a writer. You should write a book about being a women in the military. Your stories are too funny.

15:11  
Blogger Jessica said...

Absolutely no worries. I loved your e-mail. It was just what I needed. I'm off to work (6:30 am on a Sunday is not my idea of a good time) but I'll send you a note later.

I can't wait to chat.

06:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home