Monday, February 06, 2006

My First Time Out

This, the first post, I imagine to be a lot like the first pancake: for the dogs. But, I have to start somewhere. The idea for my blog is that I have an outlet to vent about the challenges of being a woman in the military. With the Navy Seabees, specifically. We wear green camouflage uniforms every day to work (unlike the sea-going Navy that wears dark blue bottoms and light blue work shirts that make them all look like janitors or garbage workers or something equally unglamorous), which is how I chose the name for the blog. I get sick of the green camo and also of the blow-hards who feign a belief in equality by proclaiming, "When I look out in front of me I don't see black or white or brown or male or female. I just see green." Nice try. My everyday experience is proof to the contrary.

I need to put dinner in the oven so I'll sign off for now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jessica,
Sounds good, were quite interested to know what happened next, I thought she may have enjoyed you shoving your knee into her by the way you described her. Anyway keep writing! Christine says hi.
Mark

16:24  
Blogger Jessica said...

Maybe she did like it. Who knows. I forgot to mention that she's 24 and twice divorced (in all honesty one marriage was anulled but I like the sound of "twice divorced" better). Both husbands were Marines.

12:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home