Monday, February 27, 2006

Arabia

I’m stuck in the mindset that I just got back from deployment and because of this my life should be all about winding down and getting a grasp on the normal. But I have it all wrong. I came back from Alaska five months ago. It's time to start gearing up for my six-month trip to Kuwait scheduled for August. I officially acknowledged my future this evening by starting to learn a little Arabic. I have free access to the Rosetta Stone online with my public library card (OK, it's a friend’s card because I’m wanted in about 5 counties for massive overdue library fines and I can’t be trusted with my own license to check out books). I’d share a little of what I learned tonight but it’s a completely different alphabet that reads from right to left and I have absolutely no idea how to even begin trying to type it.

My only reservation is a nagging fear that I’ll end up on some crazy government watch list and the next time I try to get on a plane I’ll be detained indefinitely without access to counsel. Cross your fingers for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home