Wednesday, October 04, 2006

We're Famous

I was bored so I Googled "Seabee". More than anything my inquiry was dorky, I know, but I decided to couch it as a healthy sign of personal acceptance. I found two things:

The Dad on Leave it to Beaver, Ward, was a Seabee. There's an episode where Beaver brings his friends home to look at his dad's war medals and it is revealed that he earned them as a Seabee in the South Pacific during WWII.

Unbeknownst to me, or any of my co-workers, there is a CD titled "Run to Cadence With the U.S. Navy Seabees". It's odd that no one has heard of it because I work with some pretty committed Seabee geeks who both listen to cadence for pleasure and own books, posters, and t-shirts stamped with the Seabee logo. Strangely, curiosity, fear, and reluctant pride commingled into an unknown emotion that caused me to order the CD, one of only two left at Amazon.com. It should arrive in about two weeks.

I never would have guessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home