Monday, September 18, 2006

One Pile in the River

Today is over and there is an I-beam peaking out of the middle of Guantanamo River. It looks straight and right and in every way like a properly placed pile. And the icing on the cake is that we started to sink the second pile and all the measurements between the two check out (the only hang-up is that one of the steel workers, a welding geek who proposed to a hooker in Thailand and refers to her as his "girlfriend overseas", wants to weld a jig onto the first pile to help place the others and I don't think it's a good idea but you can't tear the welding rods out of this guy's hands so tomorrow morning we'll see what he comes up with).

I like when things work out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I knew you could do it!

And not because of any can do crap but because

THE BEST MAN FOR A JOB IS A WOMAN

Can I get a witness?

20:41  
Blogger Tyson said...

Congratulations,
You will soon be a member of the elite battallion "Bridge Club" as far as I know there are only two members, we can get together and look a pictures of our bridges and play bridge, while listening to "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" and then go to the dentist for some bridge work.

Maybe if you're super lucky you can also join the "pointless deployment spend doing nothing of value" club, but that one's reeeeaaaallly hard to get into.

09:41  
Blogger Jessica said...

Becky: I'll be your witness any time you like.

Tyson: I keep thinking to myslef, "I really should have listened a little better when he told his bridge stories." I can't wait for the first meeting of the "Bridge Club". Maybe we can spend a little time working on our yoga - specifically the bridge pose.

17:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home