Wednesday, October 18, 2006

It is a Comfort to the Miserable to Have Comrades in Misfortune, but it is a Poor Comfort After All

Christopher Marlow must have been dealing with someone like Mad Dog when he said that.

The new Lieutenant is very quiet and very professional. In fact, his behavior is so appropriate that no one has bothered to give him a nick name.

He used to be an EA, just like me.

Up until this week the soundtrack of the office was yelling, screaming even, from the other side of spaces. Mad Dog would squawk, "BU1!!!" and BU1 was required to come running. Or, "UT2!!!!" and the same response was expected. Sometimes he would come to one of our offices, ferociously snap and point like he was sending a dog to his kennel, and shout in close range, "In my office, NOW!" (I decided the first week we were here that I don't come when called in that manner and so even though he would yell my name from time to time I didn't leave my desk. Without fail, Mad Dog would meander into my office with a calm-for-him demeanor in the space of a few minutes.) With the Lieutenant on board there is no yelling - proof that Mad Dog knew the behavior was unacceptable.

Life is better and the future looks bright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home