Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Mad Dog Vs. Frat Boy

Mad Dog is out of hand and this morning, the day before I go on leave, I was going to request that I be pulled from Det Cuba to go to Kuwait with the main body. Well… maybe I was going to do that. At least I was seriously thinking about doing that. I even took the time to imagine how I would look in desert camis and had little fantasies about wearing the tan suede boots that don’t need to be polished. But now I don’t have to make the request. Our Officer In Charge (OIC), the five-foot tall Indonesian accent with frosted pink lips, has been replaced with a six-foot-three 240-pounds-of-muscle frat boy who drank his way through engineering school. He’s a natural leader with strength and charisma. Mad Dog has met his match.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

wow. I feel like you could sell tickets to this.

09:47  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In 1995, I was with the Marines for the Chage of Command in Somalia. We had a Mad Dog in our Combat Camera Team. This First Class just had to be in charge of everything. He strongly resented anyone senior to him. He disdained anyone junior to him.
The command loved and encouraged him. Figures.

19:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home