Friday, June 30, 2006

I Trapped a Spider Under a Glass One Week Ago and It's Still Alive

Last week on Friday I woke up, body groggy and eyes out of focus, to find a huge brown spider on the floor in the bathroom near the toilet. I'm usually a big believer in catch and release when it comes to arachnids, but for some reason this one was different. I wanted to inspect it. So I trapped it under a pint glass and left it there, waiting for it to die. And this morning, after a week of fasting, he's still alive.

It's a little spooky.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww that thing is still kickin'?

I once had a spider return after I washed it down a drain. I saw it crawl right back out (and I don't skimp on the water when it comes to creepy-crawlies). This is why I can validate my fear of spiders.

That shit is wrong.

11:56  
Blogger Becky said...

Think of the spider as America.
He keeps the rest of the insect world on check.

You've got that poor POW trapped, but he's been highly trained for just such an occassion.

He's building spider webs in his head to keep his sanity.

I say make him hand over 16 pairs of eyeglasses and five bucks and let him have the rest of the day off.

21:31  
Blogger Christina said...

no no no. get the glasses, 5 bucks and then just slightly tip the glass to tease him.

then SLAM it down and smile menacingly.

23:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home