Friday, June 23, 2006

A Good Gift

The Master Chief, who is transferring in one week, was smitten with his scarf. He modeled it several ways, smiling the whole time and told me he loved the colors. Then he asked about the stitch pattern. I couldn’t believe it; I was so flattered that he took a moment to think about the gift and not the giving. Then he shook my hand and I told him, “It’s been a pleasure.” I said it with meaning. He smiled and replied, “Believe me, the pleasure has been all mine. I’ll never forget you.”

Right. Because he’s got a new kick-ass scarf.

2 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Instant Karma's gonna get you.
(in a good way)

10:19  
Blogger Jessica said...

I'd like to think so, but I'm sure I have enough trash out there that the good might not make it back my way.

11:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home