Thursday, June 15, 2006

A Bond

After I finished playing soccer with the chubby kids this afternoon Mad Dog came up to me in the hall:

MD: EA2, have you seen Carver?

EA2: Chief. Carver?

MD: No, not Chief Carver. Carver. He should have been at FEP (chubby kid soccer).

EA2: Who's Carver?

MD: ...rolls his head... Big bald kid. Second Squad. Looks like Santa Claus.

EA2: Do you mean the guy with the lips? I contort my lips to resemble the alleged Carver's lips, which really are bizarre in an unnatural way.

MD: ...pause... bloodshot eyes sparkle... laughs... Yeah, I guess that's him.

EA2: I haven't seen him. He didn't play soccer with us.

I think, in those few moments, we officially bonded and that can only be good. On top of it, it's only 5:10 and I'm home from work. Things are looking up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home