Thursday, June 01, 2006

Cause and Effect


I try to save my non-Navy posts for the weekend when I'm away from work and have a good excuse to avoid dissecting or reporting my military commitment. But today is special, so I'm going to deviate wildly on a weekday, because I finished my halter-top at knitting group tonight. And really, when I look at it objectively, it seems unlikely that I would spend so much time knitting, and with the women I've met through knitting, if I didn't spend so much time in the military. I left a lot of girlfriends in Chicago - so many of whom are flying out next weekend and I'm so excited I don't quite know what to do with myself - and missed them terribly. Without the tug of that loss, I never would have searched out a group of women to spend time with, and without the group I don't think it's likely that I would knit with such a vengeance. So, it's entirely plausible that the Navy drove me to knitting.



1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Thanks!

21:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home