Wednesday, September 05, 2007

And the Winner Was

Before I left, I had no clue. Now I’m back and it’s nothing more than a hot, dry, dirty dream.

Neither of my crush candidates panned out. Advocate was an ass hole; every one of us was hot, exhausted, and uncomfortable and he refused to buck up. And Gentleman turned out to be a bit of a wimp, which is excusable, but not when when married with muddled thought and confused priorities. For a brief moment I thought Dry Wit might get my attention, but we only crossed paths once, at it wasn’t enough to cement him in my psyche. A day later Refreshingly Different started turning in work to me, and I liked him almost as much as his robust Excel skills, but something was lacking. And then there was Makes Me Laugh No Matter What. He kept me smiling when I was in the throws of doubt and frustration. I was so thankful that I tried to make him my crush because it seemed an appropriate reward. It worked but only for a day or two; for whatever reason he didn’t have staying power. In the end the man who captured my subtle affection was Powerful And Quietly Observant. He’s the new Alfa Company master chief and he spent most of his time sitting on a box and listening. When something suspect came to my desk I would seek eye contact with him and he always met my gaze and would cue me with subtle body language. His presence was reassuring. He is balanced and innately understands the true severity of a situation. Those are rare gifts. I respect him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home