Friday, August 18, 2006

I Miss You

I miss writing.

Every evening, drained by the sun of all my energy and soaking wet with sweat, I hop in the shower and try to wash away my lethargy. But it doesn’t work because my exhaustion is physical; my body needs to rest and repair itself. I put on my pajamas, prep coffee for the next morning, and gossip with my mid-western roommate over a soundtrack of classic rock and sixties folk music. Then I crawl into bed and doze off as I think about what I would write if I wasn't too tired to whittle down my vague thoughts to structured ideas. And so I fall asleep without committing any part of the day to paper.

4 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

It matters not
Where we spend our days,
But rather with what words
We choose to fill them with.

So,

Write to exhale
To expel
The inner pain
that flows forth from
within your veins

Write to purge your soul
From this living hell
We know you have a story to tell

Write until you bleed
Fulfill your need
Give us something glorious
to read.

18:44  
Blogger Tyson said...

In case you were wondering, Kuwait is really really hot. I'm not kidding around here, it's hot as all hell. And also, working for EA2 the unmentionable is going to be awesome. I've already bonded with the EACN reservist through a mutual dislike. Maybe I'll get to a post of my own someday, but I'll have to whittle down all the rediculous things that have happened in these first 3 days. Hope you're not too depressed without me and my sweet new moustache there to cheer you up.

19:09  
Blogger Christina said...

I can't believe he already grew a moustache.

that aside, I hope that for your sake, you will find time to wash away the exhaustion and write. I know how it makes you feel better.

we miss you tons, I hope things start looking up!

20:59  
Blogger Jessica said...

Becky: completely lovely, thank you

tyson: if it's so fucking hot maybe you should avoid any and all facial hair, and I can't wait for the EA 2-2 stories. Senior Ruffin just visited and he was still talking shit about him failing RASO school

christina: I miss you all tons, too

17:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home