Tuesday, August 01, 2006

And He's a Drinker

I’m a sucker for gossip. I could, and often do, chat all day long. And it’s an open secret that any office I work in is less productive than that same office without me. I’m distracting. I confess benign observations and unimportant but peculiar things about myself (like the fact that I have unusually large organs), and then people laugh and they talk to me. I usually end up with my fair share of dirt.

Before Mad Dog was assigned to Det Cuba he was the chief in charge of MLO/CTR (tools and parts). While he was there he wreaked his havoc on a daily basis and his troops hated work and hated life. That’s news to no one. But I happen to know that in addition to his usual Mad Dog had a habit of calling his SW1, drunk and slurring his speech, every night of the week except Sunday. Mad Dog would tell SW1 that he was doing a good job and that if he would just stick with him, Mad Dog would make him a chief. It’s a power that he doesn’t possess.

Today our adjutant told me that Chief has been calling him in the evenings, drunk and slurring his speech, to tell him what a miserable job he’s been doing. And he told me that the same thing has been happening to a BU1. Those are the only two I know of but there could be more. I am, of course, appalled at his behavior. But more than that, I can’t understand why anyone would keep his secrets. This is an egregious misuse of power and should be reprimanded.

The men he’s picking on are weak; they lack confidence and stand with hunched shoulders. They don’t know how to tell a joke or command the attention of a room. My hunch is that Mad Dog is experienced in these matters and is choosing them because he knows he can attack safely; his prey will always retreat. The whole thing makes me feel sick and I’m not sure what to do. Why do people allow their abusers to continue? Maybe if I watched more (any) Dr. Phil I’d know the answer, but I don’t.

Something has to be done. I can’t let him hurt people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home