Sunday, July 30, 2006

A Few of My Favorite Things

Some of my favorite things that my lovely new sister-in-law said to me the weekend of the wedding:

During a pedicure:
I don't know if you know this but your mom and I are really close. pause... When are you going to have babies?

At the rehearsal dinner:
You should have seen these one bridesmaid dresses: they were so pretty. I mean so pretty. But I thought people might look at you guys more than me.

About thirty minutes before the wedding:
I'm really lucky because I'm photogenic. You're not. After looking at all the pictures at your mom's house I was really surprised when I met you. You're pretty in person.
About ten minutes before the wedding:
I never realized how flat you are.

But through it all, at least as I remember it, I kept my cool and had a good time with my brother. We exchanged a lot of glances before, during, and after the ceremony. It was a good time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

ok first,
your georgous and extremely photogenic. she's just jealous.
second,
I am proud of you for keeping your cool, but I hope you still got drunk.

22:08  
Blogger Jessica said...

Very Drunk.

I'll call you sometime today and we can get together if you have time. I'd love it.

Do you know if anyone is knitting tomorrow night?

09:26  
Blogger Beatriz said...

I just saw Exhibit A photos...I missed this post in June...you are so photogenic and gorgeous. Superficial beauty aside, you are funny and witty, and that's a lot of self-control keeping your cool. I probably would not have been so gracious...gauche maybe, but not gracious.

15:33  
Blogger Jessica said...

You're the best. I had to keep everything under wraps because my brother is the coolest (except for his miserable taste in women) and if I blew my top he's the one who would suffer.

I can tell you that I had a lot of fun at the reception drinking wine and talking trash with my girl cousins. They're awesome.

16:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home