Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Warming

It was 35 degrees, the roads were coated with a thick layer of ice, schools and the base and major roads were closed, buses weren't running, and failing power substations left portions of the city without streetlights. But I didn't know about any of it when I walked down the stairs this morning. Mark and the dog were waiting for me so we could drive me to the bus stop and they could continue on to dog daycare. Her wagging tail was thumping on the wall and he stood uncharacteristically with his arms crossed,

Do you know what we both forgot?

I thought about it but couldn't come up with anything. I said as much. He answered,

Our anniversary.

And so it was--the day after our wedding anniversary and he was the first to notice that we'd missed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home